Have you ever spent time in the company of someone, and at the end of it, you feel so drained? If so, then you have probably encountered an energy vampire. As a life coach, it is one of the things many of my clients struggle with, often without even realizing that people they consider friends are holding them back from a successful life!
Identifying an Energy Vampire
One of the first things I had to learn as a life coach was how to identify these energy vampires. How can you remove toxic influences from your life if you can’t spot them? I quickly began to see that there are several things most of these energy vampires have in common:
- They never take accountability – it’s always someone else’s fault when things go wrong!
- They seem to continually be involved in some kind of drama or catastrophe – often of their own making!
- They are always looking for a way to get one over on you – everything you do, they claim to have done bigger or better!
- They downplay other people’s problems and exaggerate their own.
- They will always play the role of the victim or the martyr in every situation.
- They take advantage of your kindness and generosity – the phrase ‘give them an inch, and they will take a mile’ was made for these people!
- They will make constant use of guilt trips or issue ultimatums to get their own way.
Protect Your Energy
When people are in a crowd, they often start to feed off of one another’s negative energy. Eventually, this creates a toxic atmosphere, and they will soon begin to drain you of your energy. However, there are ways you can protect your energy:
- Be aware of your surroundings and the people around you.
- Pick the people you acquaint yourself with wisely. You are who you hang out with.
- Go after the people who have what you want and will help you to get it too.
- Be assertive with the people around you.
- Set boundaries and don’t allow yourself to be taken advantage of.
Some of these may not come naturally to you, but that’s what I am here for! As your life coach, I will work with you to develop the self-confidence to protect your energy. I will also help you to keep your ego in check! The last thing you want is to let your newfound power go to your head. You must stay humble and be grateful for your blessings.
Avoid Drinking the Pickerade
If I could only give you one piece of advice as a life coach, then it would be this: if you encounter an energy vampire, run! Run! Get the hell out. There is no place for these people in your inner circle. They will take you down faster than you can even imagine. Not only can they drain you of your energy and motivation, but they could cause financial losses, relationship losses, and more. They only want one thing from you – everything! Don’t drink their pickerade!
The worst part of it is, these energy vampires can often be the people closest to you! They might have been in your circle for a long time without you even realizing that they are holding you back. They are your friends and your family. You have probably helped them out in the past, maybe even loaned them money. However, now that you are on a path to success, they are jealous and will try to stand in your way. They might accuse you of changing, and that’s okay because you are – for the better! It’s time to let them go and build a smaller circle of those people who support you.
If I Can Do It, Anybody Can!
Coach Bennie McWilliams is a Life Coach in Saint Cloud Minnesota. It’s time to start living your life unfiltered! Bennie is here to help you find your inner ninja through his unique style of motivational coaching. Learn how to protect your energy, control your destiny, and love your life!
CALL NOW on 763-957-2019 or email email@example.com